Monday, July 13, 2009

Fraidy cat, er... dog

In my last post about Lola's visit I eluded to the fact that Sawyer seems to be afraid of the pool. A few weeks ago my dad and I decided it would be lots of fun to take the puppy for a swim. However, thirty minutes into the swim lesson I found myself still perched on the bottom step, my hand full of partially soggy treats, with Sawyer barely placing his two front feet onto the first step. Even my Dad gave it a shot, having no more success. We've decided that the steps are the problem; it would be much easier for him to wade into the water on a beach. But until we can find a beach that allows dogs, Sawyer is definitely not a water dog. (We may have to make a trip out to Hudson for a playdate with Rugby and Benny so that they can show him what swimming's all about)




























No comments:

Post a Comment