Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Tom or James?

Lots of people have commented on Sawyer's name, often making the joke, "Is his first name Tom?" Actually, the inspiration for the name Sawyer came not from Mark Twain's trouble-making young star, Tom, but from the TV show LOST's bad-boy heartthrob, James 'Sawyer' Ford, (although my dad, not a fan of LOST's Sawyer, insists that this is not the case). The name was originally my mom's idea over a year ago, when we first started looking into Helping Paws. The name clicked with me instantly since Sawyer has always been my favorite character on the show, and I had been waiting to get my Sawyer ever since. However, my mom recently commented that our puppy, whoever he's named after, has some remarkable similarities to Tom Sawyer. For instance, we can tell already that he'll be a big, blond boy, and he certainly loves adventure. So what do you think? Do we have a Tom or a James?


4 comments:

  1. I love the Tom vs. James thing! I suppose our Sawyer will actually prove to be a bit of both. I think he's feeling a bit LOST without his mom and siblings and first people right now and we've certainly seen a little bit of "bad boy" behavior. Maybe he even feels like he's been deserted and handed over to "the others." On the other hand, in the long run, I think we might end up with the Adventures of Dog Sawyer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it! Perhaps the title of your next book? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Or maybe the title of your first book?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok - I loved his name before I knew where it came from, now I adore it. I heart the Lost Sawyer also.

    ReplyDelete